<VV> Working on the '69 Monza - defroster

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 2 23:08:44 EDT 2006

Lonzo-
Yes, I believe the purple wire is for the defroster. It would have been
located in the center where your cutout outline is. I think there were some
few areas of the US that were ready to require a rear defroster in 1969.
That is probably why the wire was installed even though your car didn't
actually have the defroster.
                                          Ed
>I found a PURPLE wire under the passenger door
sill... and this car (late Feb. 1969) has a large square in the cardboard
part
of
the package shelf... dead center... was it the defroster or the rear
speaker? <