<VV> Corvair weekend

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Mon Apr 3 01:04:40 EDT 2006

I had a great Corvair weekend. Squeezed in between running kids around,  some
house projects and teaching my oldest to drive (that's a whole other story
<GGG>) I got to play with both of my Corvairs and then some.

On Saturday, I swapped out a noisy blower bearing with a new top cover and
bearing from Lon on my MANLY sedan. I took my time and just had fun removing
everything from the top of the engine, just for fun. Still it only took a
couple  of hours. What a difference that made toward making the engine run  quieter.

Today, I took the coupe out for a drive. Unfortunately, since I've been
driving the sedan a lot, I've been neglecting the coupe. I took a leisurely
cruise through the countryside, not many curvy roads in Kansas, but I did get to
do some speed runs through the wheat fields (on the roads of course). I ended
up  at Terry Kalp's shop. Jim Dallas also showed up in his Rampside. They were
going  to retrieve an Corvair engine that had been sitting in a guy's garage
for  several years. I also wanted to check out Terry's new 62 sedan, very nice
car.  While at the shop I helped Terry pull a windshield out of his 65 Corsa
convertible.

All in all I got to drive or ride in four different Corvairs. All were  great
rides, although the Rampy was a bit cramped :^).

Ned