<VV> '64 110 Fuel Pump Needed Kansas

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon Apr 3 14:33:21 EDT 2006

At 07:41 hours 04/03/2006, bowtieguy at cox.net wrote:
>My '64 Vert is leaking fuel like Old Faithful. This is my second
>Clarks fuel pump. Any recommendations close to Topeka?

A:    Did you try snugging up the pump screws?   They do on occasion
need tightening after the pump has been running a while.   Once or
twice along the way and they usually never need attention again.

B:   Did you check the pump to make sure it has the right diaphragm
material... as in fiber reinforced diaphragms and *Not* plain rubber
diaphragms?   The fibers are visible upon close inspection of the
pump, looking at the sides where the diaphragms are visible between
the pump components.

It's my understanding that Clarks and C Underground have long since
weeded out any bogus pumps from their inventories...

tony..