<VV> RE: The Buffalo Convention

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Mon Apr 3 12:32:06 EDT 2006

  From: Andrew Allen <andyman260 at yahoo.com>
Subject: <VV> The Buffalo Convention
Hey all,

Just wanted to throw out a plug for Buffalo. I have
spent a lot of time there since the early '80s and
have always had a nice time there and had a lot to do
and see. The 'Blue Buffalo' tour of the downtown area
is worthwhile and will familiarize you with the
citie's layout and history. Buffalo was quite the
Business center and owes that to it's proximity to the
lake and being the terminus for the Erie Canal.  Lots
and lots of significant architecture (Louis Sullivan's
first skyscraper, facinating City Hall, Wright's
Darwin Martin house...it goes on). It's a very
intersting and historically important All-American
City.

I'm looking forward to a really nice time.

Andy (Chicago)
'66 A/C Corsa

P.S. I forgot to mention there is a natural attraction
that involves a LOT of H2O and is quite breathtaking!
Don't forget the culinary features of Buffalo........
The major food groups are, Wings, Beef on weck, Fish Fry, Pizza, and Beer!
Made us what we are today, overweight with the associated health effects!
<GGGGGGGGG>
But if you come this far, be sure and seek out the Anchor Bar, where the
chicken wing was invented. And be sure and get them hot! Medium is for
wimps.......If your significant other doesn't want them hot, get the red
hot on the side. Not a slam on the host hotel, but their wings are bland.
If you want real good wings, go elsewhere.
 If you are downtown....LaNova is the place to get a pizza from. Just about
anyplace, meaning neighborhood bars have Beef On Weck, best place though is
Charlie the Butcher, a little out of the city, but worth looking for.
In Buffalo, Labatt Blue is considered a local beer. Canada is just east of
Buffalo and I swear they have a pipeline coming under the river.
Fish Fry's are everywhere, look for them for a treat.
One of my favorite restaurants is a little bit away from the hotel, Near
the university.
Its the Lake Effect Diner.......a restored 1954 stainless diner, open 24
hours, great food. Especially their stuffed potato pancakes, with canadian
bacon, hollanaise sauce and spinach. And they have a dinner called "the
Blizzard" Meatloaf, Roast Beef, Turkey, potatoes, chili, all mixed together
on a plate.........yummmmmm.

Gary Swiatowy