<VV> Convention Travel

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Apr 3 18:35:24 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/3/2006 11:33:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Taruffi57 at aol.com writes:

Padgett,

That's what I was trying to say.   For me,  Buffalo OR   Detroit are like
next
door to each other.   Draw a straight line from  Orlando to either and you
will see what I  mean.  On the other hand, if no  one else bid it then it
looks
like the Board had no choice.

Joe Dunlap
Cen.  Florida

There are people in Detroit and Buffalo that would likely have to  have
driven about the same distance to Daytona (2000) or Dallas (1995). PS  It is 1200
miles from Orlando to Detroit (Central Division) and 1100 miles from  Orlando
to Dallas (Central Division). Basically, anyone who doesn't live in the  middle
of the Central Division will take a hike most years. The Board tries to  take
the geographic location into consideration and did recognize the closeness
of Detroit and Buffalo as well as the closeness of Carlisle and Lexington.

Just for reference (driving numbers from Yahoo maps):

San Jose to Detroit    2400
San Jose to Buffalo    2800
San Jose to Lexington 2500
San Jose to Carlisle   2900
San Jose to Orlando  2900
San Jose to Williamsburg 3000
San Jose to Portland  700 driven
San Jose to Denver  1300 driven
San Jose to Flagstaff 700 driven
San Jose to Seattle 850 driven (twice)
San Jose to Albuquerque 1100 driven
San Jose to San Jose 1.5 miles driven <grin>

That's why I often have to fly. - Seth

 - Seth