<VV> ConventionLocation

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Tue Apr 4 11:29:48 EDT 2006

Smitty Says:  I wrote a mild rant the other day concerning the fact that the reason for the conventions was to get Corvair lovers and Corvairs together.  I got a few private posts, some of which pointed out the the tours etc were for the ladies and the kids.  Also some in agreement with me.  I still don't understand or agree that the conventions should necessarily be in a tourist location.  If you want to take the wife and kids on a tourist trip be my guest.  Come around my area and I will point out some great things to see.  But don't cause me to have to put up with congestion, over priced accomodations, cramped parking conditions and other problems at conventions just so your wife can drink "real" beer, and eat Buffalo wings or see water fall off a cliff.  I have read three posts in the last few days on this forum about what a wonderful place Buffalo is and not a &^$^* one of them mentioned anything about Corvair activities.