<VV> Re: Need ALL '64 Conv. weatherstrippings - HELP !!!/consider this

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Wed Apr 5 00:54:53 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/5/2006 12:09:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:
snip <<$250+ for convertible weather strip seems like a lot to me >> snip

Mike,
Call your local dealership tomorrow and check the price for the complete
weatherstrip set for a "modern" car, say a PT Cruiser, or a convertible Mustang...
no, I have no idea how much they are, but I don't think $250 would come
close.... I remember quoting a weatherstrip PIECE for a guy with a convertible '92
Geo Metro... he just wanted the piece right above the windows (this was about
3+ years ago when I was at the Chevy dealership)... the price was around $70
each... even though rain was rolling inside the car, he said "thats too
much"... for a 20 inch long piece of rubber, well, that was the best price I could
give him.... they soon discontinued the pieces about 2 months later... he came
in, wanting to buy them, and they were ALL gone... talk about one angry
fella....
Just something to consider...
Let's hope Joe's story has a happier ending!
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg,
1963 Greenbrier 110/4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg