<VV> Problem with 1961 Powerglide shifting into reverse

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Wed Apr 5 01:29:04 EDT 2006

Hey guys,
 I had a 64 'brier with that problem.... my surefire cure was to back it into
the parking spot... it would go into drive just fine, but there was a good 10
to 20 seconds and the resultant "THUMP" when backing up while cold... so when
I got to work, I'd back in.... when I got home, I'd back in.... never really
a problem after that.... and once warm it would hit Reverse like a champ!
Just an "FYI"....
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg,
1963 Greenbrier 110/4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg