<VV> Re: Need ALL '64 Conv. weatherstrippings - HELP !!!--Dear Lon

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Wed Apr 5 15:49:36 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/4/2006 8:27:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Taruffi57
writes:

Dear Lon,

You are making some assumptions here.  I am certainly not so dumb as  to not
recognize that without you and Cal and many others, the Corvair hobby  would
be on it's knees.

On the other hand, are we who are not entirely knowledgeable about parts
sources supposed to suppress our innate and parentally taught natural tendency
to "shop" for the best quality/price?  I will never do that.  My  wife will
tell you that I have been known to buy name brand name shoes in a  national Mall
store and get a discount but I think I am fair in my bargaining  and could
never be accused of "beating" someone down on price.

I knew I would be stepping on some toes in bringing up this subject here  but
there has to be a balance in such transactions even in light of our major
vendor's obvious more-than-parts contributions.

So, am I not supposed to broach the subject on VV or Fastvair?  No
disrespect was intended regarding you nor any other of our much appreciated  vendors
and you may not remember that many of your parts are in my '69's  engine and
suspension and I have gone to you even before that on the  '64.

Respectfully,
Joe Dunlap
Cen. Florida