<VV> Convention Purpose

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Wed Apr 5 16:00:08 EDT 2006

Oy vey Jack!  I have, of course, snipped your long message, but you are
asking for an entire overhaul of the conventions. Let's suppose your
ideas have merit. Why then, by process of time and evolution, are the
conventions the way they are? Is there some great conspriracy at work
here that runs contrary to be memberships' desires? Even more
interesting, why do so many members still attend them? Have we all been
brainwashed?

I have not been to three Nationals - I've been to 26 plus numerous other
regionals, weekend meets, Vair Fests Vair Fairs, Palm Springs etc etc
etc. (200+ events at least)  The Portland convention was EXCELLENT. I
wasn't aware that it was supposed to be a radical new departure from all
previous events. What you seem to be advocating is more like a business
or political convention. I've been to my share of political conventions
- and while the partying is intense - the rest would leave most of our
members cold.

Your club has a bid for 2008. Are we to expect a radical departure from
what the members expect? What Southern California event is it going to
emulate? I've been to most of them and none of them follow your model
that I can see.   Lon