<VV> Re;non corvair tach question

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 22:36:34 EDT 2006

i have repired a few of this type gauges (gas gauges , temp gauges , and
tachs) that went wacky after a voltage spike or charged improperly by waving a
very strong magnet over the needle.  by very strong i mean a magnet removed from
a bad hard drive.it has saved many hours of dash labor in our shop.it will
lift the needle over a stop pin!  keep it away from your watch , computer screen
or color tv tube (permanent damage!) etc.  i use these magnets to hold tools
to the side of my box,  ham mikes to the radio or dash ,  or clocks on my
refridge door.  many good uses in our cars with metal in them instead of plastic.
just dont get your fingers inbetween 2 of them...it hurts!
regards, tim colson