<VV> Returning Home

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Fri Apr 7 10:49:50 EDT 2006

    Kent Said
I am very VERY excited about the opportunity to visit the place where my car
was born. In fact, I am hauling my car all the way from Seattle (after first
stopping in Forest Grove, OR for their show, www.forestgroveconcours.org) so
that it can "go home" forty years after it was built.
  Smitty Says:  I am sure sorry to hear about that Kent and it just doesn't seem right.  Your car does have wheels on it doesn't it?  If not, we have a couple of folks in the club that surely would give you a set.  Tires aren't really that expensive and you would be expected to buy your own.  Is the problem fuel cost?  I would think it would be cheaper to drive it rather than haul it. Engine got a bunch of rod knocks ?  U joints clacking ?  Floor got big holes in it.  Just trying to figure out if your Vair is un sound or un safe or what the reason is that you would bring it in like a piece of furnature rather than roaring in on its own 6 banger to the place of its birth.
  Sorry Kent.  The thread on convention tourists was dieing down.   ggggg