<VV>Crate 140

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Apr 7 11:39:44 EDT 2006

>Everyone knows that
>the '69 Smog 140 would be the worst 140 to make.

Actually, no. It would make perfect sense to GM since the 69 used the last
revision of all the tooling. If any were left, that is what it would be.
For engines not requiring AIR, pipe plugs are easy (and might come from the
factory with plugs). For anyone who wants a 2 carb engine, block-off plates
are available. Also it did not say anything about PG/Manual versions
(though the PG version would be the best choice for all). To me the tip off
is that the 140 required premium gas. I suspect a N/A crate engine would be
designed to run on 87 PON.

Padgett