<VV> Driving your Vair?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Apr 7 12:38:07 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/7/2006 9:24:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
aeroned at aol.com writes:

Before  everyone on VV climbs on my back, let me say the above comments are
intended  as humor. I own two LM Corvairs and drive them as often as I can.
While my own  reliability is not perfect, I would drive either of my Corvairs
anywhere. On  the other hand if either of my Corvairs were in the beautiful
condition of  Kent's or Bill's, I would give serious consideration to trailering
them.

Ned

I guess there is a bell curve for driving your Corvair any long distance.  If
you are unsure of the condition, or it is a race car that wouldn't likely
make a 1000 mile trip under it's own power, you would trailer or flat tow it.
Better than that, but not close to a Concours ready car, you drive it. (This is
 the vast majority of Corvairs). Once it gets good enough that driving it a
long  distance "endangers" the purpose of the car, as in a true Show car. It's
up on  the trailer, preferably an enclosed one. - Seth