<VV> Washer Pump

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Fri Apr 7 12:49:54 EDT 2006

I went through this last year.  Apperantly the daggone bellows have all gone away for some reason.  When I asked the same question you just did I was told to just go to the nearest FLAPS and get a generic electric washer pump.  I did and installed it and it works.  I tucked it in and around the existing pump to minimize the visual impact but it quite obviously non-stock.  The good news is that it pumps better than the mechanical pump but the bad news is that it sucks the reservoir empty very quickly.

Here's a link to a pic of my installation:
http://members.cox.net/mhicks130/files-vair65/wshrpmp-2.jpg

mike

>------------------------------
So, my washer pump has what apparently all Corvairs
have when they stop working(it pumps the pump, but
nothing comes out)...and there used to be a kit you
could buy from Clarks that made them work again, but
they discontinued it....

So what do I do now?  I don't *really* wanna spend the
48 bucks on a new washer pump assembly.

there's gotta be an easier way to make it work
again....?

Ryan V.

1965 Corsa/11