<VV> Cylinder head temp.

James Davis jld at wk.net
Sat Apr 8 18:50:14 EDT 2006

I have found there are several different choke coils.  The ones from
140 engines open the earliest at about 220 F in an oven.  The ones
from a 95 hp manual open the slowest at about 270 F.  You can get a
group and using a oven and infrared thermometer get then matched to
what you want. If the engine surges during warm up, try shorting the
choke pull-off from rod  3/8 inch (plate opening) to 7/16 inch.  If
you are running headers, you need to fabricate a heat chamber for the
choke coils.
Jim Davis