<VV> Breaking starter nose cases

Mike Moyer vairvert67 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 8 20:34:12 EDT 2006

I'm working on a 66 convertible for a guy and am having a problem with it breaking starter nose cases. almost as soon as it is cranked. it is on a powerglide car.
  don't see anything wrong with ring gear when I turn it through,
  I've found them broken on cars befre but have never had them eaten like this
  Any Ideas?

Mike Moyer
Corvan Antics Editor
Vair Parts & Repairs
1963 Greenbrier Deluxe 64 110 FC motor / 4 Spd
1963 Rampside 110 4spd (Group Red)
1964 Monza Coupe 110 Powerglide A/C
1965 Monza Convertible 140 4 spd X 2