<VV> Beware Corvairs parked on Grass at Convention Concours

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sun Apr 9 23:02:15 EDT 2006

I found a couple of interesting facts in the two quotes you sited. As Stan
mentioned, the convention car display is going to be on grass in a park. I'm
fairly certain that the grass will be well maintained, green and manicured.
This  is significantly different from the high and dry grass in the field in
Florida.  The second fact is that the park is 1.5 miles from the hotel. Just hot
would the  Corvair exhaust get after traveling 1.5 miles?

Wichita has a very large car show every June at the Lake Afton park. There
are about 1000 show cars and maybe double that for the spectators, all parked
on  grass. The park is about 40 miles from Wichita. The grass is far from green
and  manicured. In more than 20 years, there's never been a fire. I can also
site  several dozen airshows that I've attended, parked on grass and never
heard of a  fire.

Just to be safe, the Buffalo planners should consider banning all  Maserati's
from the display :^).

Ned