<VV> RE: Convention site!!!!!!!!!

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon Apr 10 02:55:23 EDT 2006

At 03:04 hours 04/09/2006, ncwitte at wittelaw.com wrote:
>We just drove through Central Virginia yesterday.  Of course, it's a long way
>from the West Coast but I would love to go to VA or WV for a Eastern Division
>convention.  Absolutely gorgeous countryside.
>
>Norm Witte
>

>  Quoting "mopar at jbcs2.net" <mopar at jbcs2.net>:
>

> > http://www.retroweb.com/lynchburg/attractions/
> >
> > Check out the link above and tell me if all the odd attractions would make
> > a great convention site.............

Yep.   When not checking out the area delights and enlightenments,
convention participants can rent shovels and go dig up churchyard
cemeteries looking for the Beale treasure.    We've had a couple of
VA Vair Fairs in Lynchburg to date, and the escaped gorillas and
hidden secret villages and sinkholes and trolls brandishing knives
have never failed to prevent everyone from having a bang-up
time.    We did however ask that nobody visit the mullet nudist
colony.   We refused to allow anyone with a mullet to register.

...for the nudist colony, not the show...   although I don't recall
seeing a mullet anywhere, which is good, fortunately.   We do try to
maintain standards.

Now:

There *were* no B-29s at Falwell's airport... but I've seen a B-29 at
Lynchburg Municipal Airport, got photos.

Watch out for those monkeys.

tony..