<VV> Hinges

Mel Smith my65vair at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 14 12:56:03 EDT 2006

I recently opened the driver's door to my 65 corsa coupe, and was unable to
close it. I finally slammed it shut, but the door didn't align with the
opening, and the dome light didn't turn off. I adjusted the switch for the
dome light so it would turn off, but now the door has a huge gap from the
body when it is closed. I was told that this was a problem with the hinge,
and that I should replace the bushings. Is this advice accurate? should I
also replace the hinge pin?