Fw: <VV> Hinges

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 14 13:04:44 EDT 2006

Harry Yarnell
Perryman Garage and Orphanage
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
----- Original Message -----
From: "Harry Yarnell" <hyarnell1 at earthlink.net>
To: "Mel Smith" <my65vair at hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> Hinges

 Where's the 'misalignment'? At the hinge? Striker? Top or bottom?
Late models have a nasty habit of rotting out the hinge piller, and when
 severe. the hinge (top or bottom) have no support. There is no effective
 repair for this.
 Yes, hinges and pins do wear, and this may be your problem. Can you pick
the
 door up by the striker end and see play at the hinge?

 hyarnell1 at earthlink.net