<VV> new virtual vairs member - Cord 8/10

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 15 12:09:15 EDT 2006

The best things I did to reduce underhood temperature effects on the Cord
are:
        Install lower engine shrouds- this ducts the hot air out the rear of
the engine compartment. It also makes the heater work properly (for those
using hot air heat)

        Cut 3inch holes, one on each side,  at the rear of the engine
compartment behind the "gills" to allow hot air to escape.

    Install an electric fuel pump at the tank with a fuel pressure regulator
set to 3lbs at the carb.

    Pitch the fuel filter with the fuel return line and replace with a
filter with a single input and output (plug the return line to the tank).

Voila! No more heat-related fuel or drivability problems.

92 Cords made according to Felix.
Andy Clark
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan
1966 140/4 Yenko Clone