<VV> new virtual vairs member - Cord 8/10

Flat6Vair Flat6Vair at insightbb.com
Sat Apr 15 08:05:49 EDT 2006

Jeff

The mechanical fuel pump may be leaking fuel into the oil -- internal leak.
Or as Matt suggested, just not running long enough.

If your Cord is like mine,  there is no engine seal that keeps the hot air
from teh lower half of the engine from rising up and heating <overheating>
the fuel lines.  An electric fuel pump, mounted close to the fuel tank,  is
the best cure.  I had vapor lock at long stop signs because of that lack of
engine seal.

You are following the Richard Finch's book -- the white paint has been
debated.  The electric fuel pump is what you need the most.  Manual pumps
are OK for most Corvairs with the sheet metal and engine seals in place.

The Count I see most is 97 Cord 8/10s made.

If you have not contact felix degeyter <felixdegeyter at yahoo.com>  Please do.
He is the main person collecting information and promoting the Cord 8/10s.
The Glenn Pray Auburn Cord Car Show is scheduled for May 12/13 in Broken
Arrow, Okla  with Glenn and Doug Pray in attendance.  I have met Mr.
McKinley who was the other Major person in the Cord 8/10s manufacture.

I'll forward additional info  about the show off-list.

tim mahler
Cord 8/10s #61
62,68 Fitch Sprints
Yenko Clone