<VV> Re: Oil use

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Mon Apr 17 11:48:28 EDT 2006

In general I understand that "high mileage" oils differ from normal oils
only in that they have a seal conditioner designed to help swell seals
and reduce leaks. I've also heard that the additive package is better
suited to handle blow-by contamination (but have never seen that verified).

If the SuperTech oil meets current certification requirements, I'd think
it would be satisfactory... better than the stuff our cars were
originally designed to run on.

I don't see any harm in using either of them, but my Corvairs all get
5W-50 Castrol Synthetic.

Bill