<VV> convertible backlight

Bucketboss at aol.com Bucketboss at aol.com
Tue Apr 18 12:24:07 EDT 2006

I don't profess to be an expert here ..but..I was told years ago, and it
makes sense after just installing a top on my Corsa, that unzipping the window
puts less stress at the middle of the plastic window when folding the top. If
the window stays zipped it requires that the plastic fold basically in half
quite sharply. If you unzip the window, it only has to bend slightly and then
sits much flatter in the well. This puts less stress on the actual window
especially in the colder climes. I guess it comes down to a window longvity
issue.

That said, and given the difficulty of getting back there to unzip the
window, I only unzip the window ocassionally.

Dave Fierek
'66 Corsa Turbo Vert