<VV> 63 Spyder Wiring

R. Stalder stalder at cox.net
Tue Apr 18 13:42:16 EDT 2006

Thanks for all the replies to my question.  I bought Bob's book and it was/is a big help, exactly what I needed.  I can't believe I've been working on my Corvair for 8 months now and hadn't heard of it.  Great book.  Now I have an new question.

  I have my engine wired up now with an ignitor I.  I hooked the black wire to the neg side coil and the red to the harness side of the resistor.  The rest of the wiring is done per the diagram in Bob's book.  I can't start it yet because I have not installed a gas tank.  But when I have the ignition on to work on other electrical issues I sometimes get smoke form the resistor.  Not always though.  I turn everything off as soon as notice smoke.  Does anyone now why this happens?