<VV> Re:(VV) Mortal coil

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Apr 18 22:08:09 EDT 2006

>  I have only 1 wire from the resistor to the + side of the coil.  But I
> have the red wire from the ignitor going to the resistor on the opposite
> side of the coil wire.  Then I have a condenser hooked to the + side of
> the coil.  I have the black Ignitor wire and the Tach connected to the - coil.

I have an Ignitor II and matching .6 ohm coil on mine (may be why it keeps
on running at 350 rpm when idle goes bananas). My understanding is that
with the Ignitor you do not need the resistor even with a standard coil
since dwell is controlled and no current flows when engine is off.

I have the switched 12v feeding directly to the + side of the coil with 18
gauge wire (same as to the ignition switch. This then connects to the red
wire on the Pertonix. The black wire from the Pertonix goes to the - side
of the coil. Can hook a dwell-tach there. No condenser.

Might consider something like this.