<VV> Color-shifty paint and others

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Apr 19 11:40:27 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/19/2006 3:50:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
starship at worldonline.co.za writes:

Sheesh,  how conservative you guys are.  No sense of adventure.  I  suppose
you follow the principle of any color as long as it's  black?

I love chromalusion paint and wouldn't hesitate to use it on a  car such as
my Citroen CX GTi Turbo 2 for instance.  I don't think it  suits every car on
the road, but it is finding favor in Europe and I'm sure  it will find its
way onto more and more cars in the  future.

Nick

Probably true, Nick. I haven't had many cars painted during my car-owning
life. So far, I have had a 55 Chevy painted silver (that was in 1966), a Yenko
re-painted as a Yenko (white/blue) 1976, another Corvair painted as a  Yenko
(1976), My Lola race car body parts painted Yellow (1990), still  another
Corvair painted as a Yenko (1992) a Camaro race-car painted Red w/white  stripes
(2001). One more to go - likely another Corvair painted as a Yenko.  There seems
to be a theme, here!  But in reality, Metalflake paint used to  be a real
Kustom Kar effect, now you can buy it on many new cars. The color  shifting paint
was an option on several Ford products a few years ago. It will  probably
move into the main stream as just another (expensive) option. People  want to
personalize their cars. Many people like their stock cars and stock  colors,
others long for that "special" look. Paint is just one way to achieve  it!
- Seth Emerson