Fw: <VV> Mortal Coil

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 19 13:13:47 EDT 2006

 The tach "flicking" is due to the 12V at the coil coming from the start
 solenoid relay. There is no  "hot in run and start" line at the engine/body
 harness connector. Let's be clear- I'm talking about '65 and '66 wiring, so
 there may be differences in other years.  The two wires in question ('66)
 are the 12P (12V to the start solenoid when cranking) and the 18P (12V when
 running). The color codes for '65 are slightly different, but the gauges
are
 the same.
 Oh, and if your battery draws down that far- get a new one. <G>
 I recognize that we each can have our different perspectives on this, but
 what I have offered to the group works well for me. And, as you say, YMMV.
 Andy Clark
 1966 140/4 Monza Sedan
 1966 140/4 Yenko Clone
 1966 180/4 Cord 8/10 #60