<VV> 63 Spyder Wiring

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicspdi.com
Wed Apr 19 16:11:06 EDT 2006

62 Spyders had a resistor block -- wire comes in one side from the
harness, out the other to the coil.  To bypass, simply run the coil
wire from the same side as the harness wire.  To look really nice you
can simply destroy the resistor by unscrewing it and soldering a
10-12 gauge wire across the terminals.  Then the external wiring
looks correct and there is no resistance.

At 05:45 PM 4/18/2006, R. Stalder wrote:
>Yes, this is a Spyder with external and separate resistor.  I have
>only 1 wire from the resistor to the + side of the coil.  But I have
>the red wire from the ignitor going to the resistor on the opposite
>side of the coil wire.  Then I have a condenser hooked to the + side
>of the coil.  I have the black Ignitor wire and the Tach connected
>to the - coil.

This email sent by:

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off
when I sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html

Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots
of pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon and our 62 Spyder convertible.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/corvairs.html