<VV> Mystery Brakes

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Apr 19 16:47:41 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/19/2006 10:32:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
scandish at sbcglobal.net writes:

Is there  any way of identifying the components? The pads are fine but I'd
like to lay  in another set as spares for future use. Also, the single pot MC is
still  feeds the system and the brake pedal is SLOW to return to the stop &
brake  light switch. Fix??
Thanks!
Scott

Pictures might help, but they cannot be "sent" through VV. Do the calipers
have any numbers or letters cast into them? What diameter and thickness are the
 rotors?  With pad measurements, you can find out the general origin of the
pads and their "D" number - That is an industry standard identifier for most
disk pads. Numbers like "D154" and others. Taking a pad to a "good" auto parts
 store is also a reasonable way to proceed. It is likely a GM caliper,
because  the rotors with that bolt pattern ( 5 on 4.75") fit only GM cars and
trucks. We  love FNGs, by the way. We love them so much we don't call them that
<grin>  You might receive a suggestion to buy a book or two (If you came through
Corsa,  did you get a copy of the Corvair Basics Book with a new membership?) -
 Seth Emerson