<VV> Charging AC

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Wed Apr 19 20:30:03 EDT 2006

Did you change the oil to the PAG flavor for HFC refrigerants?

In a message dated 4/19/2006 6:28:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tampatexan at tampabay.rr.com writes:

I think  you need a 134 expansion valve...

Jim Houston
'65 Monza  Coupe

Smitty Smith wrote:
> Smitty says:  I am changing my  wagon system over from 12 to 34.  I have a
new comperssor and  dryer.  System has been flushed and air dried.  Expansion
valve has  been removed and cleaned.  System was made up of junkyard parts
except  for the evap which is Early Corvair.  It worked fine on 12 till last
summer.
>   Upon charging systen it was drawn down to 28-29"  which it held without
loss for a half hour.  Charging it, I can only get  about a can and a half of
34 in it and the compressor locks up.  Belt is  a little too tight if anything.
 IDEAS ???