<VV> I'm Back/ '61 radio

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 22:02:41 EDT 2006

Hi, Danny!  I don't currently have a '61, but I learned the hard way about radio bezels for '62's and '64's. I assume the story is the same for '61.  The pushbutton radio bezel has a taller opening to let the radio poke thru.  The manual (non-pushbutton) radio pokes thru the narrower opening of the manual bezel.  If you use the manual bezel with the pushbutton radio it looks OK, but the radio won't poke thru the hole like it should.

  Danny said:

<<  After a long hiatus I have returned to VV, hold your applause
please....I need something (LOL). Seriously. If there are any VV'ers
with a 1961 out there that has the original swear to God came from
the factory radio, could you get in touch with me so that I can get a
picture of it installed behind the bezel. I think I have one and all
fits but the bezel covers a little bit of the Chevrolet emblem. Is
this right? Thanks for the bandwidth.

  Danny Jones >>

-- Doug Mackintosh
  Corsa member since 1996
  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on