<VV> Pertronix Failure

Marc Marcoulides hharpo at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 20 11:29:59 EDT 2006

I have Pertronix in 2 Corvairs and in a 49 Chev 216 and work fine. Did have a loss of power on a long trip in one Corvair. When the symtom came up I was able to drive home at a top speed of about 40 MPH. Was very annoyed as it was about 100 miles. Pertronix would not give me a refund or replacement proclaiming thier innocence and insisting there was a poor ground. I was angry and telling them the dist is bolted to the case and asking what better ground could there be. I went back to points and about 6 months later there I discovered a freyed wire that fit the description of their claim.