<VV> Re: Sudden loss of power / was Timing Gear ?

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Thu Apr 20 22:26:34 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/20/2006 6:25:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rsampson at kc.rr.com writes:

> Looks like I was all wet, or at least my
>   fuel system was. Replaced the Pertronix, same thing, put it back.
>   Began looking at the float level (Holley 390). Float was full.
>   Adjusted down, it started to idle correctly. Then the new fuel
>   pump stopped pumping. Darkness fell. I quit for the evening.
>   I may put the old fuel pump back in after I check the tank, to
>   see if maybe I ran it dry. If not, any reasons for the fuel pump
>   to stop working (ran for about 10 minutes before stopping) ?

-------

You need to change the  Subject to reflect what we're talking about.....makes
it alot easier to find info if checking the Archives!
No flame!!  Don't anyone get the wrong idea.....please...
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

So you now believe that it is fuel system trouble [ flooding] that caused
your problem??

What about the distributor being 30 degrees off of it's normal timing point?

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!