<VV> RE: rear window sealing

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Fri Apr 21 15:06:04 EDT 2006

From: Ryan Verthein <daretocorvair at yahoo.com>
Subject: <VV> Rear window sealing

So, back in the day, there was a fire in my car. One
of the things it managed to get was the bottom of the
rear window seal.

It's from roughly 5 inches on each side of the rear
window.  there are still full remains, but it has
split so one half hangs inside the car, etc...

Can I just get silicone glass sealer of some sort and
get it under the bottom edge of the window?  is there
anything wrong with this??

Ryan

1965 Corsa/110/4

Years ago on one of my vairs, I had an odd occasional clunking sound when
hitting a bump.
Later discovered it was the rear window seal had dried out enough so the
only thing holding it in was the metal trim....................Guy in the
glass shop that resealed it said it very easily could have flew out if I
had dribven it fast with the side windows open...........

Personally.........fix it right, pull the glass and replace the seal.

So-called seam sealer generally does not work either, I've had front
windshields I've tried to seal with that........looks bad, and still
leaks.......

Gary Swiatowy