<VV> 5on5

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sat Apr 22 14:29:11 EDT 2006

>And which of these would Minilite make rims for? Doesn't make sense...
>I've owned several cars with a 5 on 5 pattern, but none that I'd be
>motivated to fit Minilites to.

Back in the day I knew of many tow cars that sported mag wheels (my wagon
had torque-thrusts) and even Biscayne station wagons were 5 on 5 for a
while. Most aftermarket wheels had faiirly broad pads so they could
accommodate a number of bolt patterns with the same casting - is only about
1/8" difference in where you drill for 5x5 and 5x4.75 and it can be the
last machining operation.

And then there were Uni-Lugs.

Padgett.