<VV> Soapbox-

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 23 11:43:49 EDT 2006

Hey Bob,

I generally do it privately any time a acronym question pops up, I sent
Scott the following list that I have compiled after I added FNG to the
top...

FNG = Friendly New Guy (respectful) or F**cking New Guy (slam)

VV = Virtual vairs (email group for Corvair topic's only)

FV = Fastvair (Yahoo group dedicated to speed, handling, & performance)

CC = Corvair Center http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/list.php?1

VCC = Virtual Corvair Club http://www.virtualcorvairclub.com/

VV talk = overflow group for non-Corvair related banter by Corvair
people

DAMHIK = Don't Ask Me How I Know (generally relating knowledge of a bad
experience)

FWIW = For what it's worth

ROFL = "Rolling on floor laughing" posted as a comment after something
funny

ROFLMAO = Rolling on floor laughing my ass off

RTFL = Read the factory manual or Read the F**king manual if being rude

PO = "Previous owner" referencing the previous owners of you car

EM = Early Model 60-64 cars & wagons

LM = Late Model 65-69 cars

FC = Forward control Vans & trucks

IMHO = In my honest (or humble) opinion

<SNIP> = trimming irrelevant parts of post as well as footers to save
bandwidth

VBG = Very Big grin (posted after statement meant to be funny)

<GGG> = posted after statement meant to be funny or to imply humor

HTH = Happy to help

AFIK = as far as I know

AFIR = same but "recall"

BTW = by the way

PG = powerglide/automatic trans

FLAPS = Friendly local auto parts store (Big name chains.Napa, Autozone,
Pepboys, Advance, etc.)

PITA = Pain in the a$$

FUBAR = F**ked up beyond all recognition

POS = Piece of $hit

CRS = Can't remember $hit

TROLL = Someone who posts messages designed to stir up problems

LURKER = Someone who belongs to the list but only reads and does not
post

BFH = Big f**king hammer

BTDT = Been there done that

Caveman = Owner of 60 models

Cavecar or cavemobile = 1960 Corvairs

ULTRA = Cheap, used, but completely serviceable parts as opposed to new
or NOS

EUM = Eastcoast Ultra Monza (Hank K's budget build)

WUM = Westcoast Ultra Monza (Matt Nall budget build)

WBRT (Where's the Beef Racing Team)

TLH (The Lone Hauranger) = Rick Norris

The Chuckster = Chuck Armer

The Carbmeister = Grant Young

lclc = lower case larry claypool (Vairshop owner/operator)

"UNSAFE" = Kevin Wilson

PONTIAC --  Poor Old Nut Thinks It's A Cadillac

AUDI --	Always Unsafe Designs Implemented

BMW --	Big Money Works,
Bought My Wife,
Brutal Money Waster,

BUICK --	Big Ugly Indestructible Car Killer.

CHEVROLET-	Can Hear Every Valve Rap On Long Extended Trips,
		Cheap, Hardy, Efficient Virtually Runs On Luck Every
Time

DODGE --	Damn Old Dirty Gas Eater,
		Drips Oil, Drops Grease Everywhere

FIAT  --	Failure In Italian Automotive Technology,
		Fix It All The Time,
Fix It Again Tony,

FORD  --	First On Race Day,  .
First On Recall Day,
Fix Or Repair Daily,
		First On Rust & Deterioration,
Found On Road Dead,
		Fault Of R & D.,
Fast Only Rolling Downhill,
Flipped over rebuilt Dodge

GM  --	General Maintenance ,
Great Mistake.

GMC --	Garage Man's Companion
Got a Mechanic Coming?

HONDA  -- 	Had One, Never Did Again.

HYUNDAI  --	Hope You Understand Nothing's Drivable And Inexpensive.

MAZDA --	Most Always Zipping Dangerously Along.

OLDSMOBILE --Old Ladies Driving Slowly Make Others Behind Infuriatingly
Late Everyday

Overpriced, Leisurely Driven Sedan Made Of Buick's
Irregular Leftover Equipment.

SAAB --	Send Another Automobile Back,
		Swedish Automobiles Always Breakdown.

TOYOTA --	Too Often Yankees Overprice This Auto.

VOLVO  --	Very Old Looking Vehicular Object

VW  --	Virtually Worthless.

LOTUS --  Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious

JEEP --    Just Empty Every Pocket

Rick Loving
<SNIP>
<SNIP>

I recall a few listers had compiled a comprehensive list of Acronyms.  I

feel it would be a good idea if someone (Garth?) would step up and when
welcoming a new member to the list, add this list to their message.

I would do it, except I am on a very slow (26kb) dial up line.  The
first
time I see a new member, there are usually several welcome messages.

Bob (slow connection) Lindsey