<VV> Wet Fender Continued

Marc Sheridan sheridanma at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 23 20:36:20 EDT 2006

Yes, the stainless trim has to come off. My experience is with a late
convertible, but I think earlies are the same.

There are a few screws "hidden" in some of the snaps. After you get the
screws out, take a piece of wood and place it against the trim at one end
and from the outside. Then take you hand and push or hit on the wood and
trim should come loose. Continue all the way around until it is all off.

As you do this watch where the clips go. They are different sizes and often
break. Clarks sells repros for about thirty five bucks, so you are money
ahead if you can save the old ones, but don't count on it.

Marc Sheridan
'66 Monza 'vert