<VV> Shredder candidate, part deux....

Phil Brandt f111a at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 23 22:13:45 EDT 2006

This time it's my "one-family" 1966 Lemonwood Yellow/blk Corsa coupe. Originally ordered (by me, from Japan) with--get this--a three-speed (I was an impoverished lieutenant).  Daily driver until 1990. Body's straight; I repaired one fender ding after a minor 1967 accident in Dover, Delaware. Original adjustable steering column, but with the black plastic, not the wood wheel. Factory tinted glass. I retrofited A/C in 1968 and installed the old Fitch hydroelastic suspension doughnuts. The body's straight, but there are some rust-throughs.  To top it all off, my oldest son removed the Corsa dash and the 140 heads. Interior's not bad (black sheepskin seatcovers), with the exception of the missing instrument panel. We ran a non-Saginaw 4-spd, for years, but my middle son eventually shredded it, and IIRC he put the 3-spd. back in.  Unlike my Corsa-ized '65 Monza convert, this is the real deal. As is, where is (Austin, TX)  Make me an offer; I'd like to get rid of it by the end of June. All good things must come to an end.  This car's been across the U.S at least three times; it started my love affair with the marque, and I've subsequently owned eighteen Vairs.

Phil Brandt
CORSA member since 1971