<VV> Fuel Pump Woes

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Wed Apr 26 14:14:36 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "corvairs" <lonwall at corvairunderground.com>
Subject: Re: <VV> Fuel Pump Woes

> Mechanical fuel pumps do not have a failure rate of 10%. Lon
Anecdotally speaking ( heh ) ... my original 66 fuel pump went 52000 extreme
duty miles, no problem.

When I got back into corvairs in the mid 80's, all the replacement
mechanical pumps I put in failed in a short short ... I carried 3 or 4 on
long trips, and wrenches to change them.... just part of the fun, no big
deal ...

Then maybe in the early 90's they started being reliable again, the one in
my streeter is about 30 K and still working.

just some numbers , ken campbell at delta.