<VV> Caretaker

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Sun Apr 23 23:37:40 EDT 2006

Hi All,
Yesterday I ran into an old family friend at the grocery store.  They had
been trying to get ahold of me for a few days as it turned out.  A lady
they deliver meals to was looking to find a place for her 65 Coupe she has
had since it was new.   Her apartment complex changed the rules and would
not let it be there anymore as it is inoperative.
So I said it could join my fleet for a while.
Today with help from a friend and my sister, we put some good tires
on and towed it to join our other
cars.
It is the most documented vehicle I have ever see.  Every gallon of gas,
every part ever changed or worked on is logged.  Even the protecto
plate is there.  The car is a little rough
but I think it should be reasonable to get back on the road.
I rebuilt the carbs and it starts.   Sounds OK, but the fuel system is a
real mess. I will have to drop the tank etc.  Put some new taillights on
it, and washed it a bit.
I posted some pictures of the retrieval here:
http://www.unm.edu/~geoffj/Vair/White-65

-Geoff Johnson