<VV> Shoulda known better

Scott Candish scandish at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 24 21:49:38 EDT 2006

Hats off to JR & Dave Brown & an almost total lack of common sense and long term memory on my part for tracking down the fuel pump gremlin. Upon preparing to remove the pump for warranty replacement, I checked the pump body screws. JR mentioned in an email  it's good practice to check 'em after installation & a few trips on the road. Vendor said nothing about this. All 5 loose. Gas weeping from under the bottom diaphram.
  Lack of common sense.....The  owner of an Evo 1998 Sportster shoulda knowed better.  Engine & transmission hard mounted to the frame & EVERYTHING shakes loose. Stinkin' tractor motor. First rule of Harley wrenching.....torque, road test.....recheck...retorque.....Forgot the mantra.
  Couple of short hops around town & no gas leak.....yet. On the phone to Lon tomorrow to get one for the trunk, one for the garage.

  Thanks Gentleman

  Scott
  UNSAYF