<VV> '65 Corsa transmissions?

Jeff Clark markii56 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 15:04:24 EDT 2006

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but just
WHY did Chevy offer the 3-speed manual as the standard
transmission in the '65 Corsa?  From the brochure I
have, it states that it was standard with both the 140
and 180 engines, and the 4-speed was an option.  How
many of these standard combinations were built?  It
sure couldn't have been very many, as I would think
just about everyone would have opted for the 4-speed.
As for the Powerglide, I also wonder why they didn't
move the control for that to a floor console, which
would have allowed them to offer it on the Corsas.