<VV> Now I own TWO!!

Jeff Clark markii56 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 11:45:55 EDT 2006

I've enjoyed my '65 Monza convertible for a few years
now, but you know how it is with Corvairs:  one is
never enough!  So, I just bought a fellow chapter
member's '64 Monza sedan (110/PG).  Dark blue, blue
interior; inside's like new, runs like a champ,
exterior needs some work.  I think I now have the
ideal set-up:  I had a late open, so I needed an early
closed; the last year of the earlies, the first year
of the lates.

Anyways, what impresses me most with the '64 is how
nice it drives!  I love the looks of the '65, but it
feels to me as if Chevy cheapened the car when they
brought out the new series.  A fellow club member with
which I was discusing this stated that he believed
there are about 9% less welds in the '65-'69, and
there's no doubt in my mind that the '64 has far more
sound-insulation materials, even taking into account
that a closed body is inherently quieter than a
drop-top.  Anyone else feel that the earlies are more
substantial vehicles than the lates?