<VV> Canada - Trailer insurance

Louis C. Armer,Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 28 23:37:54 EDT 2006

Hey Stan, An equally or MORE important question about trailers in
Canada will be our trailered
racing cars, cars like Darth Vair, and the ease or difficulty we will
have in getting to Mosport. I
intend to trailer the western route from Atlanta and come up via
Detoit to Mosport. After trailering
over 1000 miles in two days, I don't want ANY delays in getting to Mosport.

Chuck Armer
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

At 11:28 PM 4/28/2006, you wrote:
>Dennis and all travelers to Canada while at the 2006 Convention
>
>Below is a link to the Canada Border Services Agency with information about
>bringing in travel trailers for personal use. (It's OK). The insurance
>requirements are different from province to province but there is an
>agreement between the Canadian provinces and US states that recognizes the
>vehicle insurance issued in your home state, this makes travel between our
>two countries possible. You will need to bring the proof of insurance for
>both your Corvair and the trailer that's all. There nothing in the link that
>I could find about insurance.
>
>Here's the link allowing you to bring the trailer:
>
>http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pub/cp/rc4161/README.html
>
>See you all at Mosport for the NECC Time Trials and in Buffalo for the
>Convention.
>
>Stan East
>2006 Convention Committee
>2006 Concours Chair
>NECC liaison to Mosport
>

>----------------------------------------------------------------------"Pleau
>, Dennis E" <dennis.e.pleau at intel.com> wrote:
>
>I was at my insurance agents insuring the new Greenbrier and talking
>about the Canadian proof of insurance form and I asked him if I needed
>one for the pop-up tent trailer I'll be towing.  He doesn't know and
>will try to find out from his end and I said I'd send an email and
>someone on this list will know.
>
>Dennis Pleau

CORSA Member
CORSA Tri-membership Chairman