<VV> Oil resistor wire?

Arjay Morgan n3lkz at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 23:45:41 EDT 2006

Thanks to all who put me straight on whether the wire from the oil pressure switch was resistive or not. (It's Not) As well as the caution that the insulation on whatever wire I used needed to be able to stand the heat.  The solution seems to lie in the 5" wire plus its woven fiberglas heatshield from an O2 sensor that my Teco mechanic buddy rescued for me. Surgery is scheduled for Saturday instead of a trip to Old Town in Kissimmee (sorry guys but dicing along I-4 @ 75 mph pushes my $3.19/gal gas consumption into the stratosphere.

  Now I really show my ignorance.  There has been an ongoing discussion about automatic transmissions and torque converters. Frequently mentioned are the "stall" characteristics of the converters. The idiot question is just what is it that's happening when the torque converter stalls?  To me a stall indicates a no-go condition or a bad aerodynamic condition that leads to very bad things. I know from experience that the Corvair's forward movement isn't halted when the torque converter apparently stalls. So, what's going on inside there?

  Thanks again for the help proving, once again, Virtual Vairs Rules in the info. department.

  Arjay Morgan
  64 Monza convert.