<VV> Scammers using CORSA classifieds

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 07:39:35 EDT 2006

Hi all. Wanted to let you know of an incedent I just had. I placed an ad on
CORSA's classified online section. Someone contacted me with interest in the
spring compressor. They requested an asking price and a picture if
availible. No biggie. Sounds like a typical transaction. This morning I get
the following email:

"Hello  RON,
The price is okay by me,I will go ahead and Instruct a personal client in
the states to issue you a certified cashier check which would cover all
expenses for it. It is most likely you would get it sometime next week or
even sooner.    He will be issueing you a cashier check to the tune of
$2,000 The reason being that after you deduct your $100 and other expenses
emanating from all forms of charges.
   The rest could be wired by you to an international shipping agent via
western union money transfer,who will be communicated to you in due time.

   He will help in the shipping of the item to my location I would want it
to be packaged and delivered in the safest and most proffesional
way.Theshipper is likely to be reluctant to pick it up until he is
mobilised,
i.e the balance wired to him is his fees for his services,tranportation to
and fro,clearing and all other charges involved in this transaction okay.
   He would be advised to come to your house or the location that you give
me for him to pick it up as soon as he is mobilized by the funds you send to
him.Also before I forget send me your full name and contact address as
should appear on the check and to  where it is going to be sent to you and
for the shippers pick up point, and also your phone number so I can always
contact you on to monitor proceeding of things.please do get back as
soon as possible.
Best Regard"

The name that the email is from is " R Canoe" if anyone is interested.

I'll hold onto the spring compressor......

--
Ron Tinkham

66 Corsa Convertable, 140, 4sp.
Maine