<VV> Re: No reverse

Flat6Vair Flat6Vair at insightbb.com
Sun Apr 30 17:17:43 EDT 2006

Just a follow up.

As Matt noted,  not enough twist means no reverse.  to get into reverse
means getting past the reverse detent.  It takes a bit more umph to get past
the detent to allow selecting reverse.
broken or missing Bushings or a coupler that has its holes elongated are the
usual culprits that allow the shift tube to weasel out of that final twist.

for the #3 car,  the shifter tube stabilizing bar was removed eons ago.  The
front bushing was weak, the rear ok, the coupler usable.   The main culprit
was the bent coupler rod.  Noticed that When I was describing the problem to
another club member.  Waiting on parts. the shifting was getting sloppy
<that front bushing>  So this was a good excuse to tighten things up.

tim mahler
62,68 Fitch Sprints
#3 Goodwrence Car.