<VV> Trailers going to Canada

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Sun Apr 30 20:06:49 EDT 2006

In Michigan there is no "title" or insurance on a trailer unless it is a big
commercial rig.  Your car or truck insurance covers whatever you are towing.
In years past I used to tow a dune buggy to Canada and back and never had
any problems.  Their main concern is getting tax money out of you.  If you
buy or sell something while in Canada you better declare it!  It also helps
to have an inventory list of what you have on or in your trailer so the
customs officers can check to see you didn't leave something behind or buy
something else and try to smuggle it across.  I cut across Canada going to
and from Vermont every year and have never been hassled.  Just answer their
questions and be honest.  They are trained to catch liers!
Clark Hartzel